home button

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Experiments

Hi all!

Sorry I've not posted in a bit. I've been working on some new recipes, and doing a lot of research for cute ideas!

Coconut is a popular flavor at this time of year. Especially for Easter gatherings. In honor of this ingredient I am trying out a new biscotti; it has coconut and sliced almonds. So far the recipe I've found is yielding biscotti which are not quite as high as my usual biscotti tend to be. But they smell AMAZING! The second tray is in the oven for its second baking right now. I would like to drizzle dark chocolate over them, but I'm wondering if people would prefer milk chocolate more?

Yesterday was another experimental day. If you've ever heard of the flower called "Snowball," you'll know that it is like a small compact hydrangea which is pure white. My mother has a hearty obsession, you might say, about these particular flowers. On Monday is was informed that it is now Snowball season. The conversation stemming from this resulted in a brainstorm of what a baked good would be like if it were to be named a Snowball.

Yesterday, we put one of our ideas together. It is an angel food cake with luscious lemon curd center, topped with cream cheese and toasted coconut. I think it looks good, but it still needs some ratifications before epitomizing the ethereal Snowball.

Wish me luck!!! and I will be posting pictures soon!

(P.S. Further reading on my list of "To Try" would read: 4 recipes of Vegan brownies (some gluten free, some not), Vegan croissants, using a different flour for my croissants and seeing if that would result in a lighter "Costco" version as my mother would like, lemon meringue cakepops, strawberry and goat cheese scones, Rose Thyme and Raspberry Scones, Fruit Turnovers and .... Who knows what else?)

No comments:

Post a Comment