home button

Monday, June 25, 2012

Tuxedo Cake

     Over the weekend I was privileged to make a special order birthday cake for my       
friend Jean's dad.  Together we came up with the idea of doing a tuxedo cake, a very 
elegant choice for his special day.  I had been wanting to try my hand at making
this cake for a while now, so I was excited to have this chance.  The cake has
 has three components:  three layers of very moist  chocolate cake, whipped
 cream frosting and a chocolate ganache finish.



The three-tiered cake with it's smooth layer of whipped
cream.  Of course there is whipped cream between
each cake layer as well!



The chocolate ganache is drizzled over the chilled cake
so it sets up quickly with lovely drips.



I love the look of the finished cake with the contrast of the
white whipped cream and the chocolate ganache.   A
cake fit for a king, or a special dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment